Is Nature Making a Comeback?

Is it just me or are there more ants this year than last year? It seems to me that one of nature's tiniest workers is taking back the planet. For years now, maybe even a decade, ants were "Off the Grid". Like the Honey Bee, all ants species seemed to have packed it in and taken an hiatus from Earth or at least those places on Earth normally inhabited by mankind. Now, you could go in search of ants and find them, but if you went throughout your day without thinking about them, ants didn't seem to think about you.

This year however, they all might ants (of various types) seem to have come home, both figuratively and literally. We can't seem to clean the house well enough these or lay out enough poison to keep the little buggers from the kitchen, the bathroom and the bedrooms. I think they're here to stay and I'm not the only one who feels this way. Our neighbors have the same issue, which in and of itself does not indicate that we are facing an invasion, but the swarms do not seem localized, as I have talked to other friends who have also seen a resurgence of these fierce, regimented invaders. I know that this is most likely premature, and I will withhold coming to any conclusion, but I have a feeling that the ants are merely the first wave of nature's return. I'll be looking to see when lightning bugs once again dazzle us with the celestial-like display after sundown.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How cutting entitlements for the poor would affect us all